The Rodder-Puller is designed to rod and clean conduit and place cable in one operation. This is done by incorporating a cable guide to create a temporary duct from the rear of the machine to the face of the duct in the manhole. Cable guide sets are available in 2", 4”, 5” and 6” diameters, depending on the largest size of cable being placed. The cable guide set forms a temporary conduit
from the machine to the face of the duct in which the cable is to be pulled. To allow for extra slack for splicing or to clear above ground obstacles the Rodder-Puller can be placed away from the manhole with various straight or curved extensions.
The Rodder-Pullers have the capacity of pushing in excess of 1000’ without rotation in clear conduit. If extreme length or obstructions are encountered, the rod can be rotated for maximum effectiveness. Rod travel speed is independent of rotation and in many cases a certain amount of rotation is desired regardless of duct condition.
Once the duct is rodded and cleaned the machine is ready to pull cable. Using a pulling eye or “test ball” pulling eye, the cable is attached to the rod with a ball bearing swivel and lubrication swab. Pulling begins by retracting the unitized control handle slowly to move the rod. The Rodder-Pullers have constant pulling power regardless of the length or speed of the pull; therefore, the pull can begin extremely slow for safety, then be increased up to maximum speed depending on cable feeding conditions.
Once the cable is pulled to the opposite manhole and adequate splicing slack is established, the rod can be disconnected and the guide set removed from the cable.
The cable guide set incorporates split sections to facilitate removal from the cable. After the guide set is removed, it can be set up to a different duct or the Rodder-Puller can be moved to another manhole.
• GVWR: 24,500 lbs. minimum
• FAWR: 7,000 lbs. minimum
• RAWR: 17,500 lbs. minimum
• CA 120” - 115” minimum clearance between rear axle and any chassis accessories (exhaust, fuel/air/ dpf tanks etc.) If truck with longer CA is furnished, space will be left between the back of the cab and the front of the bed.
• AF 65 3/4”
• Frame width 34”
• Maximum tire size: 11R 22.5
• 30 Gallon gas tank is located extreme forward on the left side or under the cab.
• Vertical Exhaust
• Variable throttle body builder connector
• PTO control switch
• Factory switch panel
• 5 or 6 speed transmission. Transmissions with electronic controls may require optional electric controls may require optional electric controls for Power Take Off operation