T30H/36 VGRC V-groove hydraulic tensioner / reel carrier is designed for conductor stringing, reconductoring and groundwire installation at infinitely adjustable tensions from 300 lbs. to 3,000 lbs. Each component of this hydraulic tensioner / reel carrier has been designed to withstand rough field service throughout years of stringing operations. The frame is a heavy-duty weldment of thick-walled structural steel, which maintains the critical alignment of the bullwheel and brake discs. The open sided bullwheel frame design facilitates the threading of line. The bullwheel is hydraulically controlled providing smooth infinite adjustment and eliminating conductor surge. A pressure gauge and performance chart, mounted on a control panel, are provided to indicate the tension in the conductor.
A 3 roller fairlead with rubber lined rollers mounted on roller bearings is located to insure the conductor is guided from the reel shaft to the entrance groove. The reel shaft is TSE’s quick reel change design and includes a manually operated 16 inch bronze disc brake. The reel shaft is mounted on replaceable full circle bronze sleeve bearings with grease fittings.
• Continuous performance of 3,000 lbs. tension at 4 mph.
• A V-Groove bullwheel 36 inches in diameter with 1.75 inch groove width.
• Mounted on Timken bearings.
• Bolt on replaceable urethane lining segments.
• 3 Roller fairlead.
• Pressure gauge and performance chart.
• Open reeved for easy installation and removal of conductor.
• Tongue and rear stabilizer jacks.
• Tandem axle with leaf spring suspension.
• Pintle hitch adjustable to four height positions.
• 2-5/8” reel shaft with double drive arm and lifting loop.
• 16” ventilated bronze disc reel shaft brake.
• High speed pilot rope rewind with infinite speed control.
• Quick change reel shaft design.
• Hydraulically operated reel shaft overspin brake.
• Manual reel shaft rewind.
• Hydraulic reel shaft rewind.
• Polemaster levelwind