T30H/36 DD VGRC V-groove hydraulic tensioner / reel carrier is designed for conductor stringing, reconductoring and groundwire installation at infinitely adjustable tensions up to 3,000 lbs. Each component of this hydraulic tensioner / reel carrier has been designed to withstand rough field service throughout years of stringing operations. The open sided bullwheel frame design facilitates the threading of line. The bullwheel is hydraulically controlled providing smooth infinite adjustment and eliminating conductor surge. A pressure gauge and performance chart, mounted on a control panel, are provided to indicate the tension in the conductor.
A 3 roller fairlead with rubber lined rollers mounted on roller bearings is located to ensure the conductor is guided from the reel shaft to the bullwheel groove. The reel shaft is TSE’s quick reel change design. The reel shaft is mounted on replaceable full circle bronze sleeve bearings with grease fittings.
• Continuous performance of 3,000 lbs. tension at 4 mph
• Single “V” groove bullwheel direct drive through gear
reducer and hydraulic motor
• Bolt on replaceable urethane lining segments
• 3 Roller fairlead
• Pressure gauge and performance chart
• Open reeved for easy installation and removal of conductor
• Tongue and rear stabilizer jacks
• Tandem axle with leaf spring suspension
• Pintle hitch adjustable to four height positions
• 2-5/8” reel shaft with double drive arm and lifting loop
• Quick change reel shaft design