These compact traction units perform equally well as pullers or tensioners and are ideal for reconductoring applications. Having the self-loading, powered reel winder as an integral part of the machine allows reels of conductor or pulling rope to be loaded and unloaded without a crane on the location.
Ability to operate equally well as a puller or a tensioner means that a unit can pull out old conductor, wind it on a scrap reel, unload it and tension out the new conductor all with one machine. For contractors or utility companies performing a wide variety of jobs, these units have unsurpassed versatility. Whether it's stringing new conductor, reconductoring existing circuits and groundwire or wrecking out old conductors these combination units are ideal. The V-groove bullwheel permits easy handling of splicing sleeves and a wide range of conductor or rope diameters.
Conductor or pulling line is imbedded snugly in the elastomer lined V-groove of the bullwheel. Timberland's unique hydraulic system allows the operator to preset the maximum pulling tension and provides infinite linespeed and linepull control.
The machine design incorporates a pivoting bullwheel arrangement which automatically aligns the bullwheel with the point on the reel from which the conductor is being payed off . During the pulling mode the operator controls the bullwheel movement to levelwind the pulled cable onto the storage reel.
• Fully hydrostatic drive system.
• Infinitely variable speed and linepull control with overpull protection
• Spring applied, hydraulic released holding brakes
• Self-loading rear mounted reel winder
• Oscillating bullwheel for minimal fleet angle on conductor or rope
• Elevated centrally located console for optimum visibility
• Single axle trailer mounted with air brakes
• Hydraulic front and rear jacks