The Timberland Model T50/52 BWRC bullwheel tensioner / reel carrier is designed to install single conductor or fiber optic ground wire on transmission lines.
Elastomer lined bullwheels with 38 mm (1 1/2”) grooves can handle conductors up to 1272 MCM and provide protection to delicate fiber cables. The bullwheels are canted for groove alignment to eliminate any torsional stress imposed on the cable. The lining segments are bolted on for easy replacement in case they are worn or damaged.
Each bullwheel has a 914 mm (36”) diameter bronze disc brake and hydraulic actuated caliper to apply tension to the conductor. Precise control of the tension is achieved by the operator with an actuator incorporating an anti-surge accumulator.
The operator can monitor tension and make precise adjustments using the pressure gauge and tension chart. By using hydraulic braking from a single control, the tension is evenly distributed between the two bullwheels.
Timberland’s exclusive quick change reel shaft system allows easy reel changes without any tools being required. The 406 mm (16”) bronze disc brake on the reel shaft provides tail tension to the bullwheels..
• Precise hydraulic control with anti-surge accumulator
• Canted bullwheels to eliminate torsional stress on conductor
• 914 mm (36”) bronze disc brakes
• Central operator’s panel with tension chart
• Quick change reel shaft system
• 406 mm (16”) diameter bronze disc brake on reel stand
• 3-roller tail fairlead
• Tandem axle trailer with electric brakes
• Front and rear drop-leg jacks
• Anchor lug
A three-roller fairlead with urethane lined rollers ensures that the conductor is guided from the reel stand or carrier into the first groove of the bullwheel