Message from the General Manager
Timberland Equipment Limited (Timberland) complies with the Service Ontario Accessibilities Act..
Timberland endeavours to demonstrate accessibility at our facility. Our goal is to ensure accessibility to our employees and the customers we serve..
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws..
Timberland strives to meet the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities and is working hard to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility..
We are committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. This accessibility plan outlines the steps Timberland is taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for people with disabilities..
Our plan shows how Timberland will play its role in making Ontario an accessible province for all Ontarians..
Past Achievements to Remove and Prevent Barriers
This section includes a summary of the accessibility initiatives Timberland has completed.
- In 2014 Timberland relocated the handicap parking to the north end of the building adjacent to a ramp leading to the entrance of the building
- This entrance is closer to the handicap washroom located at the north end of the building
Strategies and Actions
Below are the projects Timberland plans on embarking to 2021 to remove and prevent barriers to people with disabilities.
Timberland is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities.
- Ensure training is completed on Timberland’s AODA policies and procedures for all new employees
- Implement Individual Emergency Evacuation plans as required by specific required accommodations
Information and Communications.
Timberland is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with disabilities.
- Respond to the request for different formats of information as required by our employees and customers
Timberland is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- Provide employees with accommodation requirements with quick, easy access to the necessary tools and resources they need
- Take into account any accessibility needs of employees with disabilities during the performance management process
- All employment postings have a statement that includes notification that accommodations are available to candidates participating in the selection process (see sample posting attached)
- All employment offers include a section that states that in addition to abiding by all AODA and related regulations, it is Timberland’s commitment to create a barrier-free workplace (see sample posting attached)
Timberland is committed to providing training in the requirements of Ontario’s accessibility laws and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it applies to people with disabilities.
- New employees complete training during the onboarding process
- Refresher training every three years for all employees involved with dealing one on one with our customers
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact Human Resources at:.