This position performs all types of industrial welding and fitting work, as well as prepares various surfaces for welding by grinding, washing, or other means as necessary. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Read job specifications and interpret engineering drawings
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using measuring tape, straightedge, combination square, calipers, ruler, etc.
- Weld components and assemblies using SMAW, GMAW, MCAW, FCAW, including both carbon and stainless steel welding processes
- Weld components in flat, vertical, horizontal or overhead positions
- Observe and take part in testing on welded surfaces, such as visual inspection, magnetic particle (MPI), ultrasonic testing (UT), radiographic examination (RT or X-ray), to evaluate weld quality as well as conform to dimensional tolerances
BY JOINING OUR TEAM
- Gain experience in a medium sized company that designs and builds custom capital equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Witness the design, building and testing of our equipment and provide service support on some of the biggest projects in the world
- Receive an annual clothing and safety shoe allowance
- In addition to statutory holidays and vacation, receive 5 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Be paid shift premium for the afternoon shift
- Participate in the benefits program and company pension plan
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- CWB tickets – Certified Welder
- Knowledge of riggings, hoist, ladders, lifts and other various equipment used in welding
- Knowledge of the safety regulations of scaffolding, ladders, and lifts
- A minimum 3 years of experience as a certified welder in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts and overtime
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.