Mechanical Technicians – Machine Builders
This position is responsible for assembling custom tension stringing, construction, mining, oil & gas, and marine equipment; following the project from initial assembly to testing. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and will not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Read job specifications, interpret and work from engineering drawings to assemble custom heavy equipment including winching systems varying from 5 ton to 600+ ton
- Perform DC wiring systems (12 – 24V)
- All variations and sizes of hydraulic systems (closed and open loop), including systems from 2GPM to 200+ GPM
- Utilize large cranes (2Te to 55Te), lift trucks, etc. to transfer and manufacture equipment
- Participate in static and dynamic testing of finished equipment
BY JOINING OUR TEAM
- Gain experience in a medium sized company that designs and builds custom capital equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Witness the design, building and testing of our equipment and provide service support on some of the biggest projects in the world
- Receive an annual clothing and safety shoe allowance
- In addition to statutory holidays, receive 5 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Be paid shift premium for the afternoon shift
- Participate in the benefits program and company pension plan
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Licensed Heavy Equipment Mechanic/or related Mechanic License and/or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in assembling hydraulic and mechanical systems is essential
- Knowledgeable in DC based electrical systems and ability to do overall diagnostics on equipment would be an asset
- Hands on troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, overhaul, and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Truck and trailer experience would be an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts and overtime
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume quoting TEL Assembler in the subject line.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.