Labourer – Material Handler
This position is required to perform tasks to support the Manufacturing Department, involving physical labour and material handling in the plant. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Clean and prepare work area and handle the cleaning and storing of tools
- Ensure delivery of fabricated production materials and supplies where needed
- Prepare kits by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production routers
- Operate forklift to load, unload materials and tools required for fabricating and assembly
- Ensure any debris caused by the loading/unloading of materials is cleaned up
- Lubricate, clean, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and tools
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines
- Maintain material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections
- Work near moving mechanical parts and in conditions that may include extreme working environments
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Knowledge of riggings, hoist, ladders, lifts and other various equipment used in welding
- Knowledge of the safety regulations of scaffolding, ladders, and lifts
- Previous experience in material handling in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts and overtime
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Applicants may email resumes quoting “Labourer” in the subject line.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.