Timberland's OK Champion Model S660E is an electrically driven continuous power rodder designed for heavy-duty rodding of telephone and power conduit, sanitary and storm sewer lines.
Capitalizing on the proven design of the S660 drive head, the rodder is driven by battery powered electric motors. Noise and emissions are non-existent and maintenance expenditures are significantly reduced as the rodder no longer requires an engine or PTO to drive it.
The rodder is capable of pushing continuous rod up to 1000’ without spinning and in extreme circumstances where plugging or misalignment of the duct or sewer has occurred, the rod can be rotated to a maximum distance of 1500’. Operator controls include forward and reverse action, clockwise and counterclockwise rotation, lateral movement and braking action with a LCD screen to display critical functions.
• Self-contained battery driven power source
• OK Champion S660 Drive Head Skid mounted for customer installation
• Eight-hour battery capacity
• Direct rod head drive with no chains or other mechanical power transmission devices Electric/hydraulic drive head with variable speed 35 hp electric motor
• Rod drive head includes three pairs of drive rollers directly driven through pinion gears of two hydraulic motors with three other drive rolls mounted on stationary shafts and three opposing drive rollers mounted on adjustable shafts for wear compensation
• Clamping force on the rod through the drive rolls is applied hydraulically with pressure proportional to the pulling or pushing force to eliminate excess wear in light rodding conditions, allowing maximum torque during heavy load conditions
• Drive rolls rotate on radial thrust bearings and can be replaced without removing the drive head
• Two speed drive motors are plumbed directly from a hydraulic swivel barrel with stainless steel tube type fittings and without the use of black pipe or flexible hoses