This position is responsible for assembling, diagnosing, trouble shooting, repairing and servicing equipment, with a major focus on controls systems, at customer sites. When in the office this position is responsible for inside sales, customer support, order processing, completing documentation for repairs, service and parts and entering information into system. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
– Component selection for repair, electrical systems, troubleshooting programming, PLC products and variable frequency drives
– Interface controls to hydraulic systems, both closed loop and open loop, including electro-hydraulic controls; PLC controls include control panels, panel view interfaces, PLC programming
– Analyze malfunctions and repair, rebuild and maintain equipment
– Operate and inspect machines/equipment to diagnose problems
– Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using hoists and power tools
– Examine parts for damage or excessive wear; test overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency
– Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports related to mechanical, hydraulic and / or electrical systems
– Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
– Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
– Confer with personnel to resolve equipment malfunctions, production issues or challenges and provide technical information
– Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
– Participate in the installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure equipment is installed and functioning according to specifications
– Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
– Domestic and international travel, minimum 50% of the time, to commission and repair equipment and train customers
– Provide telephone service, answering routine inquiries on service and products
– Maintain systems such as, filing, correspondence tracking, as well as searching internal systems and/or accessing departmental information to track information
– Prepare various documents from written or verbal instructions
– Receive and review orders for clarity, accuracy, and completeness
– Input information into systems
– Prepare expense and service reports using MS Excel
– Maintain and build relationships with current customers
– Respond to customer requests
– Contact customers to follow up on service and status of order as well as generate service contracts
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
– Electromechanical Engineering Technician diploma or equivalent training/experience
– 3 years of hands-on experience in troubleshooting and repairing controls systems
– PLC programming an asset
– Strong mechanical aptitude
– Able and willing to travel extensively, domestically and internationally, must have a valid passport
– Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Qualified applicants may submit resume, stating “TEL EST”, in the subject line.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.